Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inconsistent behaviour between overloaded versions of NewWindow
Hi,

I'm using Intraweb 14.2.7 to display a text file in a new tab and it works fine using this command (if the user does not have pop-ups blocked obviously):

Code:
WebApplication.NewWindow( webapplication.ApplicationURL + '/mytextfile.txt', '', -1, -1 );

If pop-ups are blocked then it's not very obvious to the user why the text file didn't open and so I would like to display a helpful message. If I change my command to the following I do get a helpful message but then it will display the text file in a new window not in a new tab

Code:
WebApplication.NewWindow( webapplication.ApplicationURL + '/mytextfile.txt', '', -1, -1, [ woDetectBlock ] );

So, how can I add pop-up detection and display the text file in a new tab and not in a separate window?

Or, to put it another way:

Why does the following display a file in a new tab

Code:
WebApplication.NewWindow( webapplication.ApplicationURL + '/mytextfile.txt', '', -1, -1 );

But this one displays it in a window?

Code:
WebApplication.NewWindow( webapplication.ApplicationURL + '/mytextfile.txt', '', -1, -1, [] );

Many thanks in anticipation
Ian.

Messages In This Thread
Inconsistent behaviour between overloaded versions of NewWindow - by Ian_F1 - 09-07-2018, 09:59 AM