Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving Raw Text with input controls
(03-16-2022, 08:18 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Alexandre that would be great if you have something that might help.

When I was looking at using blobs, my though was that I could save the page to a blob field and then use this to reload the completed page when required, this would be server side, not client side.

However I have continued with using templates and at the moment I am using a single template that has a number of tables for each questionnaire type and these are collapsed initially, I am then using JavaScript to change the visibility to show/hide which seems to work, but I notice that this all goes to pot if a post is made back to the server, as everything returns to being collapsed again.  I am sure I can get around this, but I am not convinced this is the best way to do this? 

I am going to have around 10 different questionnaires, with roughly 10 questions minimum each, so this could mean I have to define 90 controls on the page that are hidden at any one time.  I also have to have a control for each answer on the form and this is becoming messy on the delph form.

So my template looks something like this.

Table - Collapsed
 Questionnaire A
   {%Q1%}
    {%Q2%}

Table - Collapsed
 Questionnaire B
    {%Q3%}
    {%Q4%}

I also have some sections in the questionnaire where for example I am using Questionnaire B from above, but one of the questions should result in Questionnaire A also being shown,  Again I can get this to work, but due to the way I have defined the page using tables, this would mean that initially you are viewing Questionnaire B, but when Questionnaire A is also required, it appears above Questionnaire B which isn't ideal and i don't know how to get around that using this modal.

I hope that makes sense.  As I said, I am sure there is a better way to do this, just have not figures out what the best way to do it is yet.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards
David.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saving Raw Text with input controls - by davidmcevoy@outlook.com - 03-17-2022, 01:02 AM