Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWServer as service become unresponsive
Is working ok from several years, unfortunately take me some time to move to IW 15 because of some different visual behavior that I need to adjust. (Delphi 10.4.2). And behavior changed from July, ones our data volume increasing. Seems is happening when SQL server respond slowly and queries can take more time (is some combinations of SQL server execution that can generate this slowness, that I did not find yet - can be the case when a query that usually takes 200- 300 ms to takes 4-5 sec), but in this case why a new session and Login form (that is independent of database server on creation moment) are not shown ?! I was very carefully with thread safe implementation and session get just few parameters on creation in a critical section.
So, ok I understand that some threads (sessions) can wait more time from database layer server, but I do not understand why IW listener, do not respond to a new session call?!
Also, when restart service and delete cache, why orphans calls is still take in consideration and make server unresponsive immediately. Are some parameters that need to be set in IWServer to avoid that ? Maybe I set one that generate this behavior.
Also where I can see and full example of how is best practice to setup IWServer parameters ?
Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: IWServer as service become unresponsive - by dabuzu - 08-13-2021, 06:23 AM