Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand Alone service limit on Windows Server 2012r2?
(08-05-2021, 05:03 PM)JuergenS Wrote: Hello,

I am having the same problem with Http.sys.
I have the first server without a URL reservation and a few more, a few with a URL reservation.
There are two servers that abort with the same error message. I can restart it manually if I try multiple times.
All servers work according to the same scheme.
Some things are initialized between the start of main () and the call of TIWStartHSys :: Execute (), but the time between is less than 1 sec.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a solution so far.

Huh

I was having this exact problem frequently last year but did not see it again until recently.  Below is an error log entry from the first of four instances (1st failed, the following 3 were successful):

9/5/2021 1:14:33 AM TIWServiceWorker.Execute: [HttpSys] A call to "HttpCreateRequestQueue" failed: Cannot create a file when that file already exists
Please check if reserved URL is conflicting with some other URL reserverd for another application on the same machine.

The app is a very simple map tile server, it doesn't have any user interaction.  Last year the failed instances would actually start but not respond and had to be restarted with multiple tries.  Current failed instances do not start.

C++ Builder 10.4.2, IW 15.2.34,36

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stand Alone service limit on Windows Server 2012r2? - by MJS@mjs.us - 09-07-2021, 05:06 PM