Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indy HTTP Server in linux daemon shutdown problem
(06-14-2021, 06:17 AM)ZGabrovski@gmail.com Wrote: I found where the problem comes from.
I see that under debug mode there is no problem and it working fine.
I check what was the difference and found that when the options "check and assertions" in "Compiler options->Debug" are switched on everything is ok.
Now the daemon works fine.

I have the same problem, in Delphi 10.4, compiling for Linux.
But what you have done is not the cause of the problem, it seems to be a work-around.
What is happening (and this is a day of intense testing here) if that the system loops in "TerminateAllYarns" and does not come out of it.

This is a BUG in the Indy system, and I cannot fix this; can one of the Indy developers please try to fix this problem?
It isd a _permanent_ bug, and occurs simply every time after the HTTP server is started, at least *one* connection is made to it, and then it is closed.

Code:
I added lots of debug syslogs in the Indy code, and I got this at the end:

IdCustomTCPServer.TerminateAllThreads calls TerminateAllYarns
Sep  1 07:37:47 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdScheduler.TerminateAllYarns loop: Count=1
Sep  1 07:37:47 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn
Sep  1 07:37:47 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn calls LThread.Stop
Sep  1 07:37:48 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdScheduler.TerminateAllYarns DONE
Sep  1 07:37:48 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdScheduler.TerminateAllYarns loop: Count=1
Sep  1 07:37:48 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn
Sep  1 07:37:48 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn calls LThread.Stop
Sep  1 07:37:48 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdScheduler.TerminateAllYarns DONE
Sep  1 07:37:48 debian11 sartrackserver[33098]: IdScheduler.TerminateAllYarns loop: Count=1
Etc.

And the code looks like this:

Code:
procedure TIdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn(AYarn: TIdYarn);
var
  LYarn: TIdYarnOfThread;
  LThread: TIdThreadWithTask;
begin
  // Bart
  syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn');
  Assert(AYarn<>nil);
  LYarn := TIdYarnOfThread(AYarn);
  LThread := LYarn.Thread;
  if (LThread <> nil) and (not LThread.Suspended) then begin
    // Is still running and will free itself
    syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn calls LThread.Stop');
    LThread.Stop;
    // Dont free the yarn. The thread frees it (IdThread.pas)
  end else
  begin
    // If suspended, was created but never started
    // ie waiting on connection accept

// RLebeau: free the yarn here as well. This allows TIdSchedulerOfThreadPool
    // to put the suspended thread, if present, back in the pool.
    syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdSchedulerOfThread.TerminateYarn calls IdDisposeAndNil(LYarn)');
    IdDisposeAndNil(LYarn);
  end;
end;

procedure TIdThread.Stop;
begin
  syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdThread.Stop: Try enter lock');
  FLock.Enter;
  syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdThread.Stop: locked');
  try
    if not Stopped then
    begin
      case FStopMode of
        smTerminate: begin syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdThread.Stop calls Terminate'); Terminate; end
        // smSuspend: ;{DO not suspend here. Suspend is immediate. See Execute for implementation};
        else syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdThread.Stop does NOT call Terminate');
      end;
      Include(FOptions, itoStopped);
    end else syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdThread.Stop: is Stopped. Not doing anything');
  finally FLock.Leave; end;
end;

procedure TIdThread.Terminate;
begin
  //this assert can only raise if terminate is called on an already-destroyed thread
  Assert(FLock<>nil);

FLock.Enter;
  try
    syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdThread.Terminate calls Include');
    Include(FOptions, itoStopped);
    syslog(LOG_NOTICE, 'IdThread.Terminate calls inherited Terminate');
    inherited Terminate;
  finally FLock.Leave; end;
end;
---
Bart Kindt
CEO and Developer
SARTrack Limited
New Zealand
www.sartrack.nz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indy HTTP Server in linux daemon shutdown problem - by BartKindt - 09-10-2021, 07:23 PM