Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delphi 10.3 - Enable application to send emails without email client
(04-10-2020, 09:18 PM)joceravolo Wrote: Now I get this message:
Need SASL mechanisms to login with it!!

That error message means that you set the TIdSMTP.AuthType property to satSASL, but you did not assign any TIdSASL-derived components (TIdSASLCRAMMD5, TIdSASLCRAMSHA1, TIdSASLDigest, TIdSASLLogin, etc) to the TIdSMTP.SASLMechanisms property, so TIdSMTP has not way to authenticate with the server.

Indy currently implements 2 SASLs that Yahoo and Gmail both support (last time I checked): LOGIN (handled by TIdSASLLogin, also handled by TIdSMTP.AuthType=satDefault) and PLAIN (TIdSASLPlain). Both of those SASLs are not secure unless SSL/TLS is used. Yahoo and Gmail also support various OAUTH SASLs, which are not currently implemented in Indy (but some experimental code has been written for them - contact me privately if you would like a copy). And Yahoo also supports another SASL named XYMCOOKIE, which I have never heard of before, and is proprietary to Yahoo (and thus not implemented by Indy).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delphi 10.3 - Enable application to send emails without email client - by rlebeau - 04-11-2020, 07:41 PM