Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome confused with session timeout/restart
Hi there.  Last thing I can post on here to hopefully trace the Chrome issue originally reported.  

By setting the RestartExpiredSessions property and OnSessionRestarted event I was able to decrease the dead session restart by 30%.  So now when the base system gets around to figuring out that the session code is invalid and completes all its work it is doing, then I get my new session start quickly and no longer a wait for the second part of my original issue.  Unfortunately I have no access to anything else in the first part since IW takes over as soon as there is any event clicked.

I even tried to start a batch job in the middle of the night to restart the IW service but this does not work either to speed things up.  If the user leaves their browser open over night just hangs for the first operation in the morning while it is trying to figure out that the old session code is expired.  If I let the session expire and then wait another couple of hours, there is a slow down while restart but not as bad as waiting until next day.  The longer the browser is open with an expired session the longer the IW application seems to take to figure itself out.

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chrome confused with session timeout/restart - by bob9999 - 03-31-2020, 03:11 PM