Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiuser and SQL select issue..
Hi All,

I have a multiform application, created as a SA HTTP.SYS EXE-file, placed on a SQL server where it runs as a Service. The username to start the service has been granted Logon as Service, and the same user has been granted logon to the database. Thereby the program can access and manipulate data in the SQL database. All good.

My program is created with UniqueUrl = on. It seem to be working as all UserSession vars for each user seem to be ok and intact individually. All good as well.

The program uses ADOConnection and ADOQuery, or ADOStoredProc to access and manipulate data in the various tables in my database.

Now it turns out there is multiuser problem. When calling a select from the same table from 2 different users and program instances, it appears that User 1 receives the rows User 2 selected. I have a search form showing a number of records depending on individual search criteria, and it appears as if results are being mixed among the users.

Where the IW application itself appears to be multiuser (thread?) safe, the ADOconnection do not.

Is that a well know problem with a well known solution or is this news for everyone ?

As it is the same username performing the call (the Logon as Service username) could it simply be a SQL problem ?

I'm fishing a bit here as I don't really know what to do, so if anyone have any proposals I will be very grateful to hear them.

Regards
Soren

Messages In This Thread
Multiuser and SQL select issue.. - by SorenJensen - 02-05-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: Multiuser and SQL select issue.. - by kudzu - 02-05-2020, 04:37 PM
RE: Multiuser and SQL select issue.. - by zsleo - 02-05-2020, 05:51 PM
RE: Multiuser and SQL select issue.. - by zsleo - 02-07-2020, 03:18 AM