Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird session form overlay issue and memory leaks
Hi there.  I was finally able to upgrade to 15.1.12 and am still testing but I have enough information now to add more here on this thread.  Good to know there was a previous bug where the release could fail in an async event.  With me changing over to non-async now for form loads where I can, I will see how this goes for memory leaks and let you know my results.  I am still regression testing everything in my application in this moment before I will get to the retest on memory and let you know my results.

The Webapplication.FormWidth seems to still be an issue.  I am using in the form render event where I found the most accurate in the previous version I was on.  The button I am placing to the right of the form floating still has a mind of its own although this is way less crazy than before.  Interesting enough the change from left to right anchor on the button seems to be working now where I had to use this manual placement so perhaps I can abandon this method now.  There was of course a new CG release so it is possible this is a factor.  I am going to experiment more with this application variable and let you know if I got this to work.  

Thank you all for your comments to date.  This is very helpful for more insight and to widen the IW knowledge base for others.  I wanted to also concur that it would be nice if the IW documentation would change from "work in progress" to a general first release.  Sometimes it is not easy to find out how to use some component properties and the demo cannot have everything and allot of time has to be invested at times to figure things out.

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird session form overlay issue and memory leaks - by bob9999 - 01-31-2020, 05:26 AM