Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird session form overlay issue and memory leaks
(01-23-2020, 07:35 PM)bob9999 Wrote: Hi Alexandre.  

That is the odd thing is the web application is at the correct page and when I click browser refresh button then that kicks the browser to load a fresh version.  Then all is OK again.  If you give me an email address, I can send you a link and login credentials so you can see this effect.  One I can reproduce like clock work.

In design everything is sitting on a CG region.  I then have a mix of IW and CG components as needed for the solution.  

One issue is with fields on top of a CG region and another situation is inside a CG accordion on top of a CG region.  The situation that I will email you if intersected will have step by step so you can see what I mean.

Even if CG is doing something weird I cannot see why a new form loading can be non-sovereign.  The browser should show a new form absolute and this is where I get stuck.  I can see if the form is being changed async and staying loaded but I am going to a whole new form.

Cheers.

My e-mail is alexandre [at] atozed dot com

Async events can be used to load forms just like regular events do. The whole form is generated and the old form is *fully* replaced with the new one. 

What you describe doesn't look like consequence of IW code, but CG code. I'm not responsible for CG and I honestly have no idea what their components are doing under the hood (including direct DOM manipulation which can have absolutely *any* consequence and/or side effect).

If have an online application showing this behavior, I'd like to see it, but I can't guarantee that there is anything I can do about it (if it is caused by other 3rd party code).

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird session form overlay issue and memory leaks - by Alexandre Machado - 01-28-2020, 09:02 PM