Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWButtons Hotkey property and the &-sign in Captions
Hi Kudzu,

Or do you prefer I say Hi Chad (or chad) after reading your article.

The coding was wrong and as soon as I changed the c to a C in keyCode, the script worked as expected. I can see what camelCasing is, but fail to see the benefit of it. However, being use to a case insensitive programming language, I learned to use something similar from start. Using capital letter for every part of a word with different meaning. Like KeyCode, GetCustomer, PostItem, SaveItemsToFile and so on. I do also distinguish spelling between vars, types and procedure/function names, but mostly in the words I use. Using saying names, even though they do become a bit longer than necessary. All in the interest of understanding when reading the code 3-4-5 year later...

Thanks for the simple, yet completely unnoticed difference in the script. I'm sure it would have taken me a long time to find it.

And thanks for the link to the interesting article, to which I fully agree. A lot of time have been, and will continue to be wasted in development.

Regards
Soren

Messages In This Thread
RE: IWButtons Hotkey property and the &-sign in Captions - by SorenJensen - 09-20-2019, 09:02 PM