Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HttpSys and CGIRunner
Has anyone else experienced a strange and frustrating issue with HttpSys / CGIRunner?

The setup (on Windows Server 2008 R2) is, in simple terms, the following:

ServerA calls CGIRunnerA when requested to produce a client/user's report.
ServerB calls CGIRunnerB when requested to produce a client/user's report.

Different exes. Different folders. Both running as services on port 80 using HttpSys.

Both run happily for days depending on the load. Then suddenly they both stop calling the respective CGIRunner exe. As far as I can tell it isn't a memory or CPU issue. If I watch Task Manger, I seems the exe isn't called / loaded. Stopping / starting just one of the servers fixes the issue for both.

The issue is most notable when the ServerB / CGIRunnerB combination is "live". The reason being that, even though ServerB may only have 20+ users, the reports being produced can be very big. Initially it seemed like an issue with ServerB but then by chance just as I got a client email about it not producing a report, I got a notification email about the same issue on ServerA. Stop / start only ServerB, and ServerA also came right! It is consistent. Nothing else on the Servers stop functioning. They remain fully responsive, except for this one function!

And yes... I am creating and freeing the CGIRunner (similar to the demos). I have tried with LogCommand enabled - no errors. Can't reproduce on my test environment - even with four different browsers open, simultaneously producing big reports. So not sure where to go from here.

Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
HttpSys and CGIRunner - by TonyNZ - 09-06-2019, 12:02 AM
RE: HttpSys and CGIRunner - by DanBarclay - 09-06-2019, 06:03 AM
RE: HttpSys and CGIRunner - by TonyNZ - 09-06-2019, 09:47 PM
RE: HttpSys and CGIRunner - by Alexandre Machado - 09-09-2019, 08:43 AM
RE: HttpSys and CGIRunner - by Alexandre Machado - 09-09-2019, 09:49 AM