Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWGrid is driving me insane.....
Hi Guys,

I have an IWGrid on my form, below 2 regions, and above one region. None of the regions are aligned to top or bottom. Just placed and anchered to stay when resizing.

The IWGrid has properties: Top=246 and Height =563. It's anchered Left and Top. UseSize and UseFrame are true. I set Rowcount = 2.

I then select a number of records from a table with sql and set rowcount = sql.recordcount +1; Then loop from first to eof, adding the selected fields;

Even with more rows that can fit into the visible space of the grid, it look nice. And with a scrollbar on the right. perfect. I have added Clickable to each rows cell[0].

While the form is visible, through an IWEdit field, I change SQL statement and generalt a new SQL call, limiting the records for each keypress. With less SQL Rows than can fit into the gridframe, grid cell hight becomes higher, adjusting to the total height of the grid. With only one row found, the heading row, and the data row, fills the entire space, being way to high.

BUT... Already at the second keypress, regardless of which key is pressed, the grid moves down so that the top is in the middle of the screen, and regardless of what I do, it won't go back to the designed place. With Logging on, I can see top is still = 246, event  though it is more like 406.

I know there is way more properties per cell, than what is editable through the grid, and I'm sure some of them are responsible for part of the abnormal behavior, but I don't know and I'm just guessing as I have no description of properties for the grid or it's cells....

Do anyone have any idea of what is going on and how I can prevent my grid from changing size and moving around, please let me know. Also, should anyone have any description of cell.properties, please point me to them.

NB! I'm running under IE11 when testing as a stand alone. however, it is the same issues under Edge and Chrome.

Regards
Soren

Messages In This Thread
IWGrid is driving me insane..... - by SorenJensen - 08-07-2019, 03:03 PM