Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWRegion/IWBSRegion in HTML template
(03-27-2019, 02:53 PM)kudzu Wrote: Note that Intraweb 14.1.13 is also quite an old version.

Are you using a bundled license or an old license?

Ultimate!
If its a current license, is there a reason you are using an older version and not the latest 14?

I have someone looking at your issue.
We also use version 15.0.18 with Delphi 10.2.3!
In your IWForm3 (the one with the regions), select all visual controls (labels, combo boxes, regions), switch to Object Inspector. Then go to StyleRenderOptions and uncheck RenderPosition for ALL controls. It is a good idea to also uncheck RenderAbsolute property.

This will cause IntraWeb to omit position style attributes (left and top) which cause the controls to be positioned in a different place (other than the one specified in the template).
(04-01-2019, 07:54 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: In your IWForm3 (the one with the regions), select all visual controls (labels, combo boxes, regions), switch to Object Inspector. Then go to StyleRenderOptions and uncheck RenderPosition for ALL controls. It is a good idea to also uncheck RenderAbsolute property.

This will cause IntraWeb to omit position style attributes (left and top) which cause the controls to be positioned in a different place (other than the one specified in the template).

Sorry, not work (Screenshot)!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It works as expected yes. The problem is that your expectation is not according to the way templates work.

For instance, you are declaring IWRegion3 (the outermost region) and IWComboBox1 in different containers.

A region is translated to a DIV. A ComboBox is translated to a INPUT

when you declare

<div>
   {%IWREGION3%}
</div>
<div>
  {%IWCOMBOBOX1%}
</div>

there is no way to render this the way you expect when IWComboBox1 is containted in IWRegion3. It is impossible to render IWComboBox1 inside IWRegio3 div, if they both are contained in different elements, can you see that?

Why do you need regions there in the first place? I'm failing to understand what you are trying to achieve.
(04-01-2019, 09:10 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: It works as expected yes. The problem is that your expectation is not according to the way templates work.

For instance, you are declaring IWRegion3 (the outermost region) and IWComboBox1 in different containers.

A region is translated to a DIV. A ComboBox is translated to a INPUT

when you declare

<div>
   {%IWREGION3%}
</div>
<div>
  {%IWCOMBOBOX1%}
</div>

there is no way to render this the way you expect when IWComboBox1 is containted in IWRegion3. It is impossible to render IWComboBox1 inside IWRegio3 div, if they both are contained in different elements, can you see that?

Why do you need regions there in the first place? I'm failing to understand what you are trying to achieve.

In my actual project (form) I have a lot more IW controls (regions: menu, filters, list, ...)! I maintain transparency over IW controls with the regions.

In IWForm2 it works all the way I set up an HTML template! I need a template, thanks to Bootstrap mode.

What needs to be fixed (zip)? Template or form? How are you?
The problem with your case is that any control tag must be fully enclosed in one DIV, it can't extend outside the parent div...

You can't have this, for instance:

<DIV1>
  <IWLabel>
</DIV1>
  </IWLabel>

DIV1 is the IWRegion tag.
Notice that this is not valid in HTML.