Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISAPI not included in your license with evaluation mode
Greetings

I'm new to Intraweb, so I'm using the evaluation mode to do some testing.  I run delphi tokyo 10.2 on a windows 10 machine.  I create a simple isapi dll file and copy it to my IIS server (IIS 10 under windows server 12).  Every time I run it, I get the "ISAPI not included in your license" message.

I had performed the bundled uninstall on delphi.  I was under the assumption that evaluation mode would let me deploy to my server.  I am running under 127.0.0.1.

Could I still have some old intraweb files left over from the bundled version, or am I hitting another security nightmare from IIS?

Regards and thanks,

Mark
Feature matrix:
https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/features/

Are you using the Evaluation release, or the bundled edition (Personal/Standard) in evaluation?

Dan
(01-20-2019, 06:48 AM)DanBarclay Wrote: Feature matrix:
  https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/features/

Are you using the Evaluation release, or the bundled edition (Personal/Standard) in evaluation?

Dan
Hi dan

I using the evaluation release  version 15.  I've done the uninstall of the bundled version using the bundled uninstall tool, but I'm wondering if it got everything. 

Thanks

Mark
Evaluation versions have several limits to prevent people from deploying. If not, then people would deploy and not buy licenses, and there would be no $$$ to pay the developers.

It sounds like you have a bundled license installed rather than eval.

If you run any SA demo or app, can you copy the text from the debug log? It contains info about which license type is being used.
(01-21-2019, 01:26 PM)kudzu Wrote: Evaluation versions have several limits to prevent people from deploying. If not, then people would deploy and not buy licenses, and there would be no $$$ to pay the developers.

It sounds like you have a bundled license installed rather than eval.

If you run any SA demo or app, can you copy the text from the debug log? It contains info about which license type is being used.

HI and thanks for your reply.

Here's the run log from Delphi:

My IntraWeb Application (Indy - x86)
Evaluation Mode
Reason: License not found
IntraWeb Version: 15.0.16
Build Date: Nov 22, 2018
32-bit Server on 64-bit Windows
HTTP Server is active on port: 8888

I try to run the isapi dll from my test server as follows:

http://127.0.0.1/project10.dll where the dll is in c:\inetput\wwwroot.

Doing this yields the following:

Error message: ISAPI is not available in your license. 

Depending on the error condition, it might be possible to restart the application. 

In order to restart the application, please click the link below: 

Click here to restart MyApp 

Please note that depending on the actual exception that occured, restarting the application might not be possible. If this is the case, please report the error message to the administrator. 

Error details: 
Exception message : ISAPI is not available in your license.
Exception class : EIWException
Exception address : 0990EDC6
Exception Time : 2019-01-21 08:59:28.547
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Name : project10.dll
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Started at : 2019-01-21 08:59:08.679
Running for : 19 seconds
Computer Name : ASPC-TESTDB
Compiler Version : 320
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IntraWeb Version : 15.0.16
Multi-session : False
Content Path : C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wwwroot\
Session count : 0
Client IP address : 127.0.0.1
Request PathInfo : 
Request Method : GET
Request User Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Cookies Count : 0
(002EDDC1){project10.dll} [0990EDC1] IWServer.TIWServer.StartupChecks (Line 479, "IWServer.pas" + 36) + $11
(002EEBBE){project10.dll} [0990FBBE] IWServer.TIWServer.Execute (Line 691, "IWServer.pas" + 8) + $3
(002FC7D3){project10.dll} [0991D7D3] IWServerSession.HttpExecute$qqrpuci (Line 92, "IWServerSession.pas" + 2) + $3
(002E9794){project10.dll} [0990A794] IW.ISAPI.Extension.Isapi.Extension.TIWIsapiExtension.ExecuteHook (Line 286, "IW.ISAPI.Extension.pas" + 4) + $C
(002E95A8){project10.dll} [0990A5A8] IW.ISAPI.Extension.Isapi.Extension.TIWIsapiExtension.HandleRequest (Line 264, "IW.ISAPI.Extension.pas" + 5) + $13
(00301C90){project10.dll} [09922C90] IWInitISAPI.HttpExtensionProc$qqsr38Winapi.Isapi2.TEXTENSION_CONTROL_BLOCK (Line 224, "IWInitISAPI.pas" + 9) + $3

I know I'm screwing up somewhere.  I've tried following all of the documentation as to how to deploy isapi dll's, but I always come back to this.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
I have forwarded this for Alexandre to check.
(01-22-2019, 02:06 PM)kudzu Wrote: I have forwarded this for Alexandre to check.

Thank you so much!
New information

I was able to find an old isapi dll file that I had done years ago, and was able to successfully run it on my IIS 10 web server.  This at least helps to narrow the  problem down a bit.

Also, I was sifting through the registry looking for anything that might be amiss, and I did find entries like this:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\19.0\Package Cache\dclIntraweb_140_250.bpl

With associated parameters.

Could this be anything?
(01-23-2019, 09:07 PM)manderson9960 Wrote: New information

I was able to find an old isapi dll file that I had done years ago, and was able to successfully run it on my IIS 10 web server.  This at least helps to narrow the  problem down a bit.

Also, I was sifting through the registry looking for anything that might be amiss, and I did find entries like this:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\19.0\Package Cache\dclIntraweb_140_250.bpl

With associated parameters.

Could this be anything?

Hi,

Seems that evaluation license in IW 15 is not allowing ISAPI, after all, as you reported.

We are going to fix that in the next release.... a new update was already planned withing a couple of days.

Meanwhile, is there something I can do for you?

cheers
Greetings. Thanks for your time in verifying this. All I need to do is to verify that I can in fact to play Icedeploy Isapi before I purchase. Is there a temporary license code that I could use for a one-time deployment?

Thanks

Mark

Let's try that again...

All I need to do is to verify that I can deploy Isapi.  Once I've done that, I can purchase. Would you have a temporary license code that I could use for a one-time deployment?