Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux support ?
Hi, following my amazing experience earlier this year, I now have a requirement to add a support and configuration web page to a Linux console application (Ubuntu).  There was a lot of talk about Linux, may I ask, is anything available that would allow me to design an Intranet web page and add a server to the Linux console application ?

Thanks,

Denville.
Official Linux support has been pushed to 18. However you can run IW using Wine on Linux now and you can capture the console in/out of the console app. There is a video on our blog showing how to use IW with Wine.
(08-01-2018, 03:21 PM)kudzu Wrote: Official Linux support has been pushed to 18. However you can run IW using Wine on Linux now and you can capture the console in/out of the console app. There is a video on our blog showing how to use IW with Wine.

Many thanks for the update.  Can't say I quite understood what was going on although I am a great fan of Montalbano music !

Have you just a line or two hinting at how to capture the console I/O from the Linux Console app ?  Presumably I would write a 'normal' Intraweb app using CPB, run it on the Linux box using Wine, and communicate with the console app in this way ?

Thanks,.
Console capture in *nix is handled as redirected pipes and is much more common and better supported than on Windows. Its a core feature of *nix since the beginning.

That being said, using Wine I'm not sure how its done but I think it should be something that is fairly routine and I would suggest searching and looking also for WINE forums.