Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto edit mode
What's the trick for auto-editing controls? 
All controls are set to AutoEditable and so is the DataSource, but it's not working.
For edit controls I could set edit in the OnEnter event, but I have a TIWDBComboBox that is grayed out unless the dataset is in edit mode/state so it can not get focus.

I'm trying to NOT have a edit & post buttons but instead either always be in edit mode, or have the control go into edit in InAsyncEnter. Then post changes right away in OnAsyncExit.

Thanks for suggestions
(11-04-2021, 07:46 AM)StephanM Wrote: What's the trick for auto-editing controls? 
All controls are set to AutoEditable and so is the DataSource, but it's not working.
For edit controls I could set edit in the OnEnter event, but I have a TIWDBComboBox that is grayed out unless the dataset is in edit mode/state so it can not get focus.

I'm trying to NOT have a edit & post buttons but instead either always be in edit mode, or have the control go into edit in InAsyncEnter. Then post changes right away in OnAsyncExit.

Thanks for suggestions

Are you changing the underlying dataset to edit?   If so the controls should become editable if they are set to AutoEditable.
"that is grayed out unless the dataset is in edit mode/state"

That is exactly how AutoEdit works. When your DS goes into edit mode, your input controls become editable.

If you want them to be always editable, put your row into edit mode. You can used a memory dataset to avoid locking the row in the database.

"so is the DataSource, but it's not working"

This is a VCL property meant for used in code for VCL forms, it is not used by IntraWeb unless code has been added that I am unaware of.