Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IntraWeb 15 with SSL
Need help getting IntraWeb version 15.2.33 working with SSL certificate under Delphi XE3.

I am creating a stand-alone IntraWeb SSL Server application.

I have a wildcard certificate, properly installed on my server.  I have been through what documentation I can find on getting IntraWeb to work with SSL.  I have used SSLBuddy to build the appropriate .pem files, which, by the way did not work.

I did use OpenSSL to generate a .pem file (included cert, key, and root) from my certificate's .pfx file, which I then used in an SSL test program that I created in Delphi using Indy IdHTTPServer and IdSSLIOHandler components, and I was able to connect and communicate from browser to this test program securely.  That same .pem file DID NOT work with IntraWeb.

I have ruled out the obvious, firewall, invalid, expired, or incorrectly installed certificate.

Has anyone successfully gotten IntraWeb to work with SSL?  If so, can you please provide complete, step by step instructions to do so?

Thank you.
https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/certmana...lications/
I did notice that you asked for standalone, not HTTP.sys. However you could have simply replied back instead of sending a rude and demanding email to our sales team. I replied the *same day* to your post here. You then waited 2 weeks to email our saels team instead of replying to our tech support team and yell at us about how slow and poor our support was.

For standalone there is even a demo with self signed certs. There is *no difference* between a self signed cert or a issued one from a file standpoint as you also implied there was in your email. The procedure is identical.
They are not Indy specific and many SSL servers use the same format.

I can suggest by testing the SSL demo which has self signed certificates in our demo repository. Try to access it on the same server first using the IP of the server and please report back if you have any issues with this first. We have many many users using SSL with standalone. Its surely something simple that is causing issues on your end.

You can also generate your own self signed certs (this works for SA too) using our own tool. Just for testing to determine where your issue is, networking or your certificate. Once you have a self signed certificate working, we can then move on to any issues if your issued certificate still is not working:
https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/certmana...lications/
In fact we sent this to you on August 19th when you also then did not reply. And then you waited until Oct 31 to post on the forum. Your forum user registration is the same day.

Thus your comment about "We have literally wasted 3 months of valuable development time on this project, with nothing to show for it!"

I dont your comment find credible at all. We are not the delay in your tech support.

------------------------
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Intraweb Purchase Request

I have not heard from you and I still see no forum post.

Have you resolved the issue?
I just followed the demo years ago @ https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...ndAloneSSL

Been using stand alone IW server for 10+ years and HTTPS:// for number of years.

What exactly is NOT working?

I have my cert.pem, key.pem and root.pem files in my folder where the .exe lives.

I read the certificate password set by admin from an INI file.. that is encrypted.

I decrypt it and set it via SSLOptions.CertificatePassword

I also set SSLOptions.SSLVersion to TLSv12
and
SSLOptions.NonSSLRequest := nsRedirect;

So if users come via HTTP:// it will redirect them to HTTPS://

It has been YEARS since I had to do it all and set it up, but wasn't much of an issue and was up and running since with out and issues.
(10-31-2021, 06:25 PM)jim611 Wrote: Need help getting IntraWeb version 15.2.33 working with SSL certificate under Delphi XE3.

I am creating a stand-alone IntraWeb SSL Server application.

I have a wildcard certificate, properly installed on my server.  I have been through what documentation I can find on getting IntraWeb to work with SSL.  I have used SSLBuddy to build the appropriate .pem files, which, by the way did not work.

I did use OpenSSL to generate a .pem file (included cert, key, and root) from my certificate's .pfx file, which I then used in an SSL test program that I created in Delphi using Indy IdHTTPServer and IdSSLIOHandler components, and I was able to connect and communicate from browser to this test program securely.  That same .pem file DID NOT work with IntraWeb.

I have ruled out the obvious, firewall, invalid, expired, or incorrectly installed certificate.

Has anyone successfully gotten IntraWeb to work with SSL?  If so, can you please provide complete, step by step instructions to do so?

Thank you.

There is more than one IntraWeb demo which uses HTTPS (with self-signed certificates, of course) that runs as is. You just need to build it and it will run correctly. Not a single change is necessary.
For a Indy Stand Alone IW application it takes no more than 10 minutes to setup, following the demo.

https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...yHttpsDemo

This demo contains all the step-by-step instructions, the certificate, keys and even the OpenSSL DLLs are there. You just need to hit the run button from your Delphi IDE.