Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intraweb 15 bug: event SetText never triggered
Hi,

After upgrading from IntraWeb 14 to IntraWeb 15.2.25/15.2.30 and 15.2.31 we encountered an (for us critical) issue with IWDBEdit controls. The SetText event is no longer triggered when the value is set. We traced the bug to the IWDBStdCtrls unit in the procedure TIWDBEdit.SetValue(const AValue: string) as shown in the image (diff between left: IW14.1.14 and right: IW15.2.31).

The fix is to change the marked line to: LField.Text := LValue;

Can this be fixed in the next release?

Regards,

Scott

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you mean SetText of the underlying TField object?
(07-01-2021, 10:25 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Do you mean SetText of the underlying TField object?

Yes, that is correct.
HI Scott,

this has been fixed and will be available soon in a new update.

Thanks for your report
(07-02-2021, 11:53 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: HI Scott,

this has been fixed and will be available soon in a new update.

Thanks for your report

Hi Alexandre,

That would be great, thanks!
However, I did find another possible issue related to datasets in IW15 that I'm not able to pinpoint yet. Will file another report when that becomes clear.

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Alexandre,

Another issue within the same IW15 code is that the field is cleared when the value is an empty string. The text is not set in that case, so again the SetText event is not triggered when the value in a control is emptied by the user. I fixed this issue so that it always executes LField.Text := LValue, before the LField.Clear is executed. There might be a better way to do this, I'm not sure, but this works for us.

Regards,
Scott
I'm not sure SetText should be triggered in this case. I'll do some investigation and let you know
This fix will be included in the next release.
Thanks