Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error 1053: When starting a new service
We use several AWS servers, all the same configuration. On one of them we can start around 20 services with no problem. But when we try to add one more we instantly get the 

Error 1053: [font=Arial, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, sans-serif][i]The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion[/font][/i] 

We've added a lengthier time out but that didn't help. Didn't think it would as the error comes up right away. Now, If I stop one of the services, and try to start the one that previously failed, it comes up just fine. So it behaves like there is a limit. AWS say they have no such limit. Plus, we have quite a few more running on other servers with no such problem.

Any ideas?

IntraWeb 14.1.14
2012 Server R2
Check the application directory for any .log or .err files.

Also see if you can successfully start it in UI mode, ie non service on that server.
Do you connect to any Database when service is starting up? IW doesn't have any limit like that either...

Seems that somehow the service is getting stuck but it is very likely to be an external resource... I would first investigate the database...