Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MessageDlg in Intraweb (message with dialog buttons)
There is a function similar to Messagedlg for intraweb
Tanks
Hi, there is:
WebApplication.ShowNotification();
WebApplication.ShowAlert();
WebApplication.ShowMessage();
etc.
Jose showed the straightforward dialogs. If you want to create more specialized dialogs then look at the demos on GitHub for ModalWindow and NewDialogs.

Dan
(05-20-2020, 11:58 AM)Jose Nilton Pace Wrote: Hi, there is:
WebApplication.ShowNotification();
WebApplication.ShowAlert();
WebApplication.ShowMessage();
etc.
Thanks Jose, but these are the equivalent of vcl.showmessage ....

(05-20-2020, 06:53 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: Jose showed the straightforward dialogs.  If you want to create more specialized dialogs then look at the demos on GitHub for ModalWindow and NewDialogs.

Dan
Thanks Dan.
Also remember that dialogs on the web are NOT "code modal". That is, they don't stop code execution and wait for a user response.

Now, that comment will seem obvious and simple to you if you've been doing web work for a while but those transitioning from desktop apps in Delphi will find it quite different in behavior. It's not an IW thing, it's a web thing. You mentioned MessageDlg specifically so I'm not sure what you're expecting. If you need more discussion of that, let us know.

Dan
(05-23-2020, 07:48 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: Also remember that dialogs on the web are NOT "code modal".  That is, they don't stop code execution and wait for a user response. 

Now, that comment will seem obvious and simple to you if you've been doing web work for a while but those transitioning from desktop apps in Delphi will find it quite different in behavior.  It's not an IW thing, it's a web thing.  You mentioned MessageDlg specifically so I'm not sure what you're expecting.  If you need more discussion of that, let us know.

Dan
Hi Dan,
I need to have modal windows, probably I will have to write java code in response to the events of the controls, if you already have this code and you can share it, I would save, much more time in the porting of the delphi applications on the web
Thanks.
(06-01-2020, 09:39 AM)a.palladino Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 07:48 PM)DanBarclay Wrote: Also remember that dialogs on the web are NOT "code modal".  That is, they don't stop code execution and wait for a user response. 

Now, that comment will seem obvious and simple to you if you've been doing web work for a while but those transitioning from desktop apps in Delphi will find it quite different in behavior.  It's not an IW thing, it's a web thing.  You mentioned MessageDlg specifically so I'm not sure what you're expecting.  If you need more discussion of that, let us know.

Dan
Hi Dan,
I need to have modal windows, probably I will have to write java code in response to the events of the controls, if you already have this code and you can share it, I would save, much more time in the porting of the delphi applications on the web
Thanks.
I use modal windows, but I do them in the same way that is demonstrated in the demo apps I mentioned.

You can create the modal dialog in Delphi, as shown there.  Events from controls on the modal windows fire in Delphi, you don't need to write any java code.

Have you downloaded the demo apps?
  https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...XIV/Delphi
  https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...odalWindow

Dan
(06-01-2020, 09:32 PM)DanBarclay Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 09:39 AM)a.palladino Wrote:

Dan
Hi Dan,
Thanks.
I use modal windows, but I do them in the same way that is demonstrated in the demo apps I mentioned.

You can create the modal dialog in Delphi, as shown there.  Events from controls on the modal windows fire in Delphi, you don't need to write any java code.

Have you downloaded the demo apps?
  https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...XIV/Delphi
  https://github.com/Atozed/IntraWeb/tree/...odalWindow

Dan
Thanks Dan.