Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intraweb messages in Asian language
I am using Rad Studio Tokyo 10.2.3 with Intraweb 14.2.7
After Intraweb re-installation all messages, message boxes and error messages, are in an Asian language: not sure if it is Chinese or Japanes. What can create that ?
Just to precise that I am using Windows 10 Enterprise en the language is English US.
On the attached alert message for example, the OK button is written in Chinese or Japanese.
Error log below are in the same language.

Error message: Access violation at address 00000000008CABDD in module 'FINDME.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000

敄数摮湩⁧湯琠敨攠牲牯挠湯楤楴湯‬瑩洠杩瑨戠⁥潰獳扩敬琠敲瑳牡⁴桴⁥灡汰捩瑡潩⹮

Error details:
硅散瑰潩敭獳条⁥㨠┠s
硅散瑰潩汣獡⁳†㨠┠s
硅散瑰潩摡牤獥⁳㨠┠p
硅散瑰潩楔敭††㨠┠s
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
灁汰捩瑡潩慎敭†㨠┠s
灁汰捩瑡潩敖獲潩㩮┠s
瑓牡整⁤瑡††††㨠┠s
畒湮湩⁧潦⁲†††㨠┠s
潃灭瑵牥丠浡⁥††㨠┠s
潃灭汩牥嘠牥楳湯†㨠┠s
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
湉牴坡扥嘠牥楳湯†㨠┠s
畍瑬⵩敳獳潩††㨠┠s
潃瑮湥⁴慐桴†††㨠┠s
敓獳潩潣湵⁴††㨠┠d
灁汰捩瑡潩慐桴†㨠┠s
捁楴敶䘠牯†††㨠┠s
捁楴敶䘠牯楬瑳†㨠
潆浲氠獩⁴††††㨠 [1] IWUserSession (TIWUserSession)
牂睯敳⁲慎敭†††㨠┠s
牂睯敳⁲獕牥杁湥⁴㨠┠s
敓獳潩䑉††††㨠┠s
慌瑳䄠捣獥⁳†††㨠┠s
慃汬慢正†††††㨠┠s
畒瑮浩⁥慰慲敭整獲㨠┠s
汃敩瑮䤠⁐摡牤獥⁳㨠┠s
敒畱獥⁴慐桴湉潦†㨠┠s
敒畱獥⁴敍桴摯††㨠┠s
敒畱獥⁴獕牥䄠敧瑮㨠┠s
潃歯敩⁳潃湵⁴††㨠┠d
卛慴正琠慲散椠⁳浥瑰嵹

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It is 64 bit, isn't it?

If so, this is a RAD Studio bug fixed with this hot fix: https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30764
(02-03-2020, 11:18 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: It is 64 bit, isn't it?

If so, this is a RAD Studio bug fixed with this hot fix: https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30764

Yes. I am building a C++ 64 bits application
I installed the patch for toolchain issues with the link above. But the issue is not resolved
Is it necessary to uninstall and reinstall Intraweb ?
Try using the clean option and forcing a full rebuild to flush any of the old obj files.
(02-05-2020, 04:35 PM)kudzu Wrote: Try using the clean option and forcing a full rebuild to flush any of the old obj files.

I already did that.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled Intraweb. But the issue is not resolved.
Certainly some sort of bug in RAD studio bug handling. To verify this, look at the gibberish if you copy/paste those messages in an online translator... for any of those languages.

I would assume that the hot fix described by others above somehow didn't get fully installed or your build may not have been complete. Just guessing based on the symptoms.

Dan
First, try to build as x86 and see what you get.

Then try the attached project in both x64 and x86.

This is not a IW bug, but a C++ Builder bug as described in https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-17722

*I* (Alexandre) found this bug in C++ Builder and reported it to Embarcadero.

Attached Files
.zip   CPPDemo.zip (Size: 56.39 KB / Downloads: 1)
The version of Rad studio I am using is 10.2.3 released in March 2018. Which means that it should contains the fix above which was released in 2017. I tried to install it all the same but it is generating errors in my application. So, I don't need to install it
If the problem continue with C++ 64 bits application, it means that they did not fix it or there are other factors which generates that bug
Did you try the demo above?
(02-18-2020, 10:00 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Did you try the demo above?
Yes. I tried the demo
And I can see correctly OK. There is no Asian character