Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IW 15.1.5.RC7
(09-23-2019, 09:08 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Shane,

can you please setup a little demo showing the issue?

Howdy Alexandre!

I e-mailed you with a link to a test app that shows the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Shane
(09-24-2019, 01:41 AM)ShaneStump Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:08 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: Hi Shane,

can you please setup a little demo showing the issue?

Howdy Alexandre!

I e-mailed you with a link to a test app that shows the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Alexandre,

Any update on how I need to change my code to fix this issue?

All the best,

Shane
Hi,

I installed IW15.1.5 yesterday as well and am running into the same problem.
Callback method not found: MyCallbackMethod.

I came from IW15.0.23

I'll research further but any help would make upgrading a lot easier.

I call WebApplication.RegisterCallBack() from the Create constructor. This is not working anymore in IW15.1.5

The demo CustomAjaxCall calls it from the OnCreate event handler and there it is still working.

Why is this changed?
What Create constructor? The IWForm's OnCreate event or a custom Create constructor? Or Create from some other object....

We didn't change the behavior, as long as the previous application was working correctly. What happens some times is this:

- Form1 is created, callback Function1 is registered.
- Form1 becomes the active form (the visible form)
- Form2 is created, callback Function2 is registered.
- Form2 becomes the active form
- WebApplication receives a callback named Function1 (which belongs to Form1)
-> In old versions IW wouldn't "complain" and would actually run Function1 which is not correct.
IW 15.1.x won't be able to run Function1 if Form2 is the active form. Form1 needs to be active in order to run a function registered for it

I need to identify exactly what is happening in your case to give you a better advice. Feel free to write to my e-mail directly if you need to provide sensitive information.
Hi Alexandre,

This one is easy to reproduce.

1. Open demo CustomAjaxCall and run it. It should function as expected.
  2. Create constructor TIWForm2.Create()
  3. Move the statement WebApplication.RegisterCallback from TIWForm2.IWAppFormCreate to this new constructor and run the application again.
Code:
constructor TIWForm2.Create(AOwner: TComponent);
begin
  inherited;
  // If we want to call IWForm2.DoMyAjaxFunc, then we have to register it as a Callback
  WebApplication.RegisterCallBack(UpperCase(Self.Name) + '.DoMyAjaxFunc', DoMyAjaxFunc);
end;

Now I get an error saying the callback method is not registered. This was working fine in IW15.0.23

Hi Alexandre,

The issue you describe can also be the case in my application but I have to check further.
I believe I know what is happening. I'll do a quick test and let you know.
(10-09-2019, 11:16 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I believe I know what is happening. I'll do a quick test and let you know.
Alexandre,

Does that include the problem I e-mailed you with an example? I keep telling customers I am waiting for a response from a vendor .... a couple of them thought I was stalling them so I sent them links to this discussion.

All the best,

Shane
(10-10-2019, 04:25 AM)ShaneStump Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 11:16 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: I believe I know what is happening. I'll do a quick test and let you know.
Alexandre,

Does that include the problem I e-mailed you with an example? I keep telling customers I am waiting for a response from a vendor .... a couple of them thought I was stalling them so I sent them links to this discussion.

All the best,

Shane
"Is there anybody out there?"

Shane
Hi Shane,

Don't know. Saturday in NZ. I e-mailed yesterday with Alexandre about some issues with the latest version. One issue seems fixed others are still in the pipeline I assume.
For the moment I reverted back to IW15.0.23, my previous version. I need to release my own software updates and can't spend more time on IW15.1.5 for the moment.
Howdy Jeroen!

My software's latest release is on 15.0.24 - I am maintaining an extra development computer while waiting for this issue to be fixed.

Hopefully Alexandre will be have it done sooner than later!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend as you get ready for the BIG GAME <lol>! (Texas A&M against Alabama)!

Shane