Atozed Forums

Full Version: AWS and Containers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am currently deploying an app on AWS, using 2 EC2 instances (VM's) and a Load balancer.  On each vm, I have 2 instances of my app running as a service.  Its overkill for my very small user base, but I expect it should easily handle 250+ users.  

I am next working on integrating some other AWS services(cloudfront and s3 ) before I look at containers and autoscaling on AWS.    Curious to know if anyone here has worked with containers running Windows in general and/or on AWS?

Cheers!
The biggest issue is just making sure your connections are "Sticky", ie a user is always routed back to the same server after session start.
(01-25-2019, 12:44 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest issue is just making sure your connections are "Sticky", ie a user is always routed back to the same server after session start.

Luckily AWS Load balancer does that as well as offload the SSL.  Cool thing I like about latest app load balancer is that I can run more than one instance of the app as a service on each instance using different port and it works great.  When I first  started using the LB it was per machine.  Once I have some time I will update a doc I created on using AWS a few years ago to include some specific things I am doing in my IW apps to help in deployment in case its of any use to others.

Cheers!
Please post a link to your AWS deployment document. 

I for one will greatly appreciate it.

TIA