Atozed Forums

Full Version: Required package rtl not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just done a clean install of Delphi Rio and Delphi Tokyo on a new PC. Installing Indy on Rio went fine. However when I tried to install it on Tokyo I got the 'Required package rtl not found' error. As far as I can see, the paths and environments are the same for both installations (barring expected 19.0 / 20.0 differences). Rio is installed as 32 & 64 bit, Tokyo as just 32 bit.

Does anyone have any ideas why Rio can find RTL but Tokyo cannot? 

The reason for the dual installation that some components I rely on are not yet available for Rio - but I only found that out once I had nearly finished installing everything else. So ten I started installing Tokyo as well Confused
Delphi uses not only the paths listed there but environment variables to load packages. Does it say which required package is not found?
package RTL
(12-17-2018, 02:11 PM)dwilbourn Wrote: [ -> ]The reason for the dual installation that some components I rely on are not yet available for Rio - but I only found that out once I had nearly finished installing everything else. So ten I started installing Tokyo as well Confused

Even though the major versions of the IDE are separated, it is generally not a good idea to install an older version AFTER a newer version. You might need to uninstall both versions, then install Tokyo first, then Rio. Or, install one, or both, of them in separate VMs.
Thanks for the suggestions. I have had to abandon Tokyo for now anyway for other reasons - I'm going to have to try going back to XE3 so I will see what happens with that!