Atozed Forums

Full Version: IW Bootstrap 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the progress on the conversion of Kattunga's IWBootstrap3 components to IWBootstrap4.

I spent enough time in the code to realize where most of the "missing" elements were hiding. For instance, the anchor tag is simply part of the button component. And the DropDown component serves a lot of purposes.

Thus some of my early proposed changes to the IWBS3 code will not be needed. But there are some reasons to have some "stand-alone" versions of certain components, because as a component writer you cannot predict all the ways that users will use your components.

Anyway, here is a sneak preview of IWBoostrap 4.

Enjoy!

[attachment=69]
(10-16-2018, 12:40 AM)LorenSzendre Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the progress on the conversion of Kattunga's IWBootstrap3 components to IWBootstrap4.

I spent enough time in the code to realize where most of the "missing" elements were hiding. For instance, the anchor tag is simply part of the button component. And the DropDown component serves a lot of purposes.

Thus some of my early proposed changes to the IWBS3 code will not be needed. But there are some reasons to have some "stand-alone" versions of certain components, because as a component writer you cannot predict all the ways that users will use your components.

Enjoy!
Howdy Loren!

I hope all is well with the new addition of Noah to your family!

Glad to see you are progressing with IWBS 4.x! 

Looking forward to all the new features of BS 4.x especially CARDS.

All the best,

Shane
(10-16-2018, 02:11 PM)ShaneStump Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy Loren!

I hope all is well with the new addition of Noah to your family!

Glad to see you are progressing with IWBS 4.x! 

Looking forward to all the new features of BS 4.x especially CARDS.

All the best,

Shane
Thanks for the well wishes! Noah is hungry a lot, but also sleeps a lot. Just perfect)))

I decided to break out the headers as a separate component. The BSRegion is simply too overworked, and the Bootstrap folks are adding more ways to customize a header that do not apply to other elements. So the choice was to pollute the BSRegion class with more stuff that only applies to headers. The SOLID principles were being stretched too much. And subclassing BSCustomRegion still brought in way too many things that didn't apply to headers, so now we're subclassing from TIWCustomRegion itself.

Cards are next.

Cheers!
(10-16-2018, 12:40 AM)LorenSzendre Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the progress on the conversion of Kattunga's IWBootstrap3 components to IWBootstrap4.

Enjoy!
Cool.   I am interested in using this.  I just recently started  looking at IW Bootstrap 3... and looks like I may want to wait for IWBootstrap 4 before I build anything beyond the simple test app I am experimenting with.

Cheers! and THank you for working on this!