Atozed Forums

Full Version: Buttons Will Not Click in Bootstrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my big app that I recently converted from IW 14 to 15, the Login button on my main page (using templates) stopped working altogether.

Now when I create a new page based on the new bootstrap (looks amazingly beautiful, btw) -- the TIWBSButtons on the form will not hook up to my click event. For TIWBSButton, there is no OnClick, just an AsyncClick (which I can't debug to and which does not work).

I tried putting on a regular TIWButton on the outer div that is set to be my body Bootstrap container -- and it won't click either.

In short -- all my clicks are not clicking.

Here is what I pull out of the Page Source:

<button class="btn btn-lg btn-success btn-block" id="BL" type="button">Login</button>

I tried setting it to various button types. I put it on forms and not on forms. No matter what I do -- clicking is not connecting to my Delphi events.

What am I missing?

Loren

PS: Here is the Page Source from a simple test app where it works:

<button class="btn btn-primary" id="BK" type="button">Klicken Sie mich!</button>

It's the same, so it must be in the jQuery suppression needed by the IW Bootstrap components...
Is this related to the compression issue? Have you checked the browser console window (F12) for errors?
[attachment=51 Wrote:Alexandre Machado pid='1616' dateline='1537394118']Is this related to the compression issue? Have you checked the browser console window (F12) for errors?

Aha! Here is a screenshot
Yes, there is a problem with the content being returned by IW server in this case.

Have you tried the x86 version? Does it work?
(09-20-2018, 11:37 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is a problem with the content being returned by IW server in this case.

I can't run 32-bit because I don't have the client bits needed to connect to my 64-bit Postgres. I keep my setup to match production
(09-20-2018, 11:37 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is a problem with the content being returned by IW server in this case.

Update -- I did as you suggested -- yesterday I got rid of the .dproj file and let another be generated.

Today I decided that I couldn't wait to deploy my changes. So I created a new IWForm to be a super simple login form -- everything bunched up in the upper-left corner. I added a new button from the Component Palette -- just to make sure I wasn't bringing in any weird setting from the dysfunctional page. I implemented the OnClick (not Async) and hooked in my login code from another unit. Then I set it as the main form.

I ran the app -- and the OnClick event didn't work at all!!!

So it looks like all my events broke in the 14 -> 15 migration.

I guess I'm going to have to start looking at all that JS that is generated that I normally ignore)))

Loren
(09-21-2018, 10:57 PM)LorenSzendre Wrote: [ -> ]

Update -- I did as you suggested -- yesterday I got rid of the .dproj file and let another be generated.

Today I decided that I couldn't wait to deploy my changes. So I created a new IWForm to be a super simple login form -- everything bunched up in the upper-left corner. I added a new button from the Component Palette -- just to make sure I wasn't bringing in any weird setting from the dysfunctional page. I implemented the OnClick (not Async) and hooked in my login code from another unit. Then I set it as the main form.

I ran the app -- and the OnClick event didn't work at all!!!

So it looks like all my events broke in the 14 -> 15 migration.

I guess I'm going to have to start looking at all that JS that is generated that I normally ignore)))

Loren
Completely fixed in 15.0.13