Atozed Forums

Full Version: IWAdvEdit Placeholder Tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Has anyone faced a problem with the TMS IWAdvEdit box. trying to add a Placeholder tag using the ExtraTagParams property and placing 
input placeholder="User ID" or placeholder="User ID"
yields nothing. However this works with the IWEdit box.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be much appreciated.

Regards
(08-11-2018, 02:01 PM)pk230039 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Has anyone faced a problem with the TMS IWAdvEdit box. trying to add a Placeholder tag using the ExtraTagParams property and placing 
input placeholder="User ID" or placeholder="User ID"
yields nothing. However this works with the IWEdit box.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be much appreciated.

Regards

IWEdit has allows you to set a placeholder without resorting to ExtraTagParams (in version 15). Can you tell me what feature of IWAdvEdit you require there (I mean, why aren't you using a std IWEdit)?

I'd have to have a look at the generated code so I could guess what it is about...
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have resorted to using IWEdit but I needed the flat theme on IWAdvEdit which I have managed to achieve by turning RenderBorders to false. Unfortunately IW15 is not an option for me right now, as its a paid upgrade and I've hardly had time to enjoy my IW14 which I purchased in April barely 4 months ago. Think I might have to wait for IW17 Smile

Thanks again

Regards
PK
(08-14-2018, 05:57 AM)pk230039 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have resorted to using IWEdit but I needed the flat theme on IWAdvEdit which I have managed to achieve by turning RenderBorders to false. Unfortunately IW15 is not an option for me right now, as its a paid upgrade and I've hardly had time to enjoy my IW14 which I purchased in April barely 4 months ago. Think I might have to wait for IW17 Smile

Thanks again

Regards
PK

Have you tried to style them? It is not hard and it solves most of the issues.