Atozed Forums

Full Version: 5 Things that kill your IW app performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another post to help you guys to get the best possible performance when deploying an IntraWeb application:

https://www.atozed.com/2024/02/5-things-...plication/

Enjoy  Big Grin
That's great info.
Thanks!
thanks for the info.
Thank you.
(02-07-2024, 02:59 AM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: [ -> ]Another post to help you guys to get the best possible performance when deploying an IntraWeb application:

https://www.atozed.com/2024/02/5-things-...plication/

Enjoy  Big Grin

Hi,

Good information ,but does Timeout work, when setting ServerController.HttpKeepAlive = True?
ServerController.HttpKeepAlive and ServerController.KeepAlive are 2 different things.
Yes but if I use KeepAlive := True how can the application get a timeout? (SessionOptions.SessionTimeout = 20)
If I remember correctly, if you set Keep Alive := true then the session timeout will only occur 20 min after the user closes their browser.
1) KeepAlive = mechanism to keep the form "pinging" the server at predetermined intervals to avoid that the session expires

2) HttpKeepAlive = part of the HTTP specification where the client and server agree to keep the connection open for a longer period of time

So,

(2) should be set to True in all application for performance reasons

(1) should only be set if it's a requirement for your application (and in general, only some forms should have this, others probably not).
I just started my application in Delphi 12 and IW15.5.6 for the first time.
And I got this message: SessionOptions.SessionTimeout is locked. Suggestion: Set in ServerController OnConfig event instead. 

I can see in the ServerController SessionOptions that there are many new properties
LockedSessionTimout etc. Explination is in order.

I'm setting the WebApplication.SessionTimeout after the user have logged in because different user shall have different Timeout values.
Can't I do that anymore?
Pages: 1 2