Atozed Forums

Full Version: IWEdit inside an IWRegion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to place an IWEdit inside an IWRegion using a file html template (IWTemplateProcessorHTML1) or a templates in the IWRegion (IWLayoutMgrHTML1). I have tried this: {% IWRegion1.IWEdit1%} This does not work. Because of space I don't want to do it the traditional way by dropping the components one on top of the other using the IDE at design time. How do you proceed in this case? Thanks in advance
If you're using a template for your IWRegion, you can refer to each individual component, like the example below. But in this example, your components must be dropped in your IWRegion during design time.

Can you explain why you want to place a component that is external to an IWRegion on the IWRegion using a template? If your IWRegion is empty, I don't see a use for that. You better use DIVs instead.

Code:
  <body>
      <div class="card-block" style="width:500px;height:300px">
          <div class="form-group form-primary">
              {%lblAccountName%}
              <span class="form-bar"></span>
              {%edtAccountName%}
          </div>
          <div class="form-group form-primary">
             {%lblComments%}
             <span class="form-bar"></span>
             {%edtComments%}
          </div>
          <div class="row">
            <div class="col">
               {%btnSave%}
            </div>
            <div class="col">
           {%btnCancel%}
            </div>
          </div>
      </div>
  </body>
(10-09-2021, 04:23 PM)raulevm Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to place an IWEdit inside an IWRegion using a file html template (IWTemplateProcessorHTML1) or a templates in the IWRegion (IWLayoutMgrHTML1). I have tried this: {% IWRegion1.IWEdit1%} This does not work. Because of space I don't want to do it the traditional way by dropping the components one on top of the other using the IDE at design time. How do you proceed in this case? Thanks in advance

You can't change the parent control at runtime using templates. An IWEdit can be parented to an IWRegion only if: (a) you drop IWEdit into an IWRegion at design time or (b) you set the parent-child relationship at runtime. 

Can you explain why you can't drop the IWEdit into an IWRegion at design time?