Atozed Forums

Full Version: IWEdit OnAsyncKeyPress and OnAsyncKeyUp/Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

In IWEdit OnAsyncKeyPress, the value in "EventParams.Values['which']" differs from the value in OnAsyncKeyUp/Down.
It looks like another or extended characterset is being used.

My problem is, that in OnAsyncKeyPress keys like <Backspace> or <Delete> do not trigger this event.

Is this by design, or is this a glitch?

Kind regards,
Paul
KeyPress event is only triggered by printable characters (this is part of the DOM specification), so several keys (including Backspace and delete) won't trigger this event. I suggest you try OnAsyncKeyDown event which will work correctly.

using EventParams.Values['which'] you will get:

Backspace: 8
Delete: 46
Hi Alexandre,

I can cope with the fact that KeyPress is only triggered by printable characters.

But when I check EventParams.Values['which'] in OnAsyncKeyDown, I get a different value then the key pressed.

For example, in OnAsyncKeyDown (and OnAsyncKeyUp), when I press -, the values I get are:
which: 189
char: ½
ansichar: ½

But when I check the same in OnAsyncKeyPress, I get the values:
which: 45
char: -
ansichar: -
(06-14-2021, 08:51 AM)PaulWeem Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alexandre,

I can cope with the fact that KeyPress is only triggered by printable characters.

But when I check EventParams.Values['which'] in OnAsyncKeyDown, I get a different value then the key pressed.

For example, in OnAsyncKeyDown (and OnAsyncKeyUp), when I press -, the values I get are:

Hi Aleandre,

Did you have time to look into this?

Kind regards, Paul
(06-23-2021, 11:49 AM)PaulWeem Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2021, 08:51 AM)PaulWeem Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alexandre,

Hi Aleandre,

Did you have time to look into this?

Kind regards, Paul

?
Hi Paul, maybe I didn't explain it clearly... I didn't say that you should replace all your OnKeyPress events with OnKeyDown events for all your requirements.

They are different events and they behave differently. More importantly:

*The keydown and keyup events provide a code indicating which key is pressed, while keypress indicates which character was entered*

Please have a look at the spec: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs...down_event

So, don't expect OnKeyDown/Up and OnKeyPress events to receive the same parameters when they are triggered. They won't.