Atozed Forums

Full Version: The computer freezes when clicking to fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I experience unexpected freezing.
The program runs much slower then in Delphi, so a simple procedure of a few lines the wait sign appears for less then a second.
So for example when I click on a listbox, the first command is disabling the listbox and at the and of the procedure enabling again, otherwise when you click 2 times the program freezes.
The same I have when switching form one form to another and back.
Is this normal and what to do?
There is not nearly enough info in this message to even begin to help.

Do you have any issues with the Guess demo?
No, just a small new application, with a few listboxes with on click a few lines of code.
Just 4 form-pages, nothing complex.
What information do you need?
I can send you the code... or give you the page and login code.
(05-14-2020, 04:45 PM)newuser Wrote: [ -> ]No, just a small new application, with a few listboxes with on click a few lines of code.
Just 4 form-pages, nothing complex.
What information do you need?
I can send you the code... or give you the page and login code.

Are you setting

LockUntilLoaded := true;

LockOnSubmit    := true;
Yes, both are checked on every form
I used the on click.
Now I tried the onAsincClick and set the LockOnAsyncEvents true.
Now there is no freezing.
Is this normal and should one not use the onClick?
You have not even shown your code for your onclick. Im sorry but we are not mind readers.
I'm sorry,
It is on most click events.
Code:
procedure TfmReserveer.lbLessoortClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if lbLessoort.ItemIndex >= 0 then
  begin
    lbLessoort.Enabled := false;
    UserSession.qLessoort.Locate('Volgnr', Lesnrs[lbLessoort.ItemIndex], []);
    UserSession.qLessen.First;
    lbLessen.Clear;
    while not UserSession.qLessen.Eof do
    begin
      UserSession.qCheckOfVol.Parameters[0].Value := UserSession.qLessenVOLGNR.AsInteger;
      UserSession.qCheckOfVol.Parameters[1].Value := DatumVanLes;
      UserSession.qCheckOfVol.Open;
      if UserSession.qCheckOfVolaantal.AsInteger >= UserSession.qLessenMAXAANTAL.AsInteger then
        lbLessen.Items.Addpair(weekdagen[UserSession.qLessenDAG.AsInteger] + ' ' + UserSession.qLessenSTARTUUR.AsString + ':' + PadLeft(UserSession.qLessenSTARTMIN.AsString, 2, '0'), 'vol')
      else
        lbLessen.Items.Add(weekdagen[UserSession.qLessenDAG.AsInteger] + ' ' + UserSession.qLessenSTARTUUR.AsString + ':' + PadLeft(UserSession.qLessenSTARTMIN.AsString, 2, '0'));
      UserSession.qLessen.Next;
    end;
    lbLessoort.Enabled := true;
  end;
  lReserveer.Caption := '';
  bReserveer.Enabled := false;
end;
Thank you for your quick respons!
If you are cycling an entire dataset its likely slow. Replace your click event with something simple like updating a label or button and no extra code and you will see that it is not IW slowing things down.

You are setting params and opening a dataset inside of a loop which will be very slow as well.... If that loop is 1000 items then its repreparing and reopening a qCheckOfVol that many times. This code would run just as slow in a desktop app as it does in IW. There is no difference in such code desktop or IW.
So, I noticed that in contrast with a Delphi program, you can press a button while it is still processing.
Which way to go?
You one lock / disable every button on click when there is a litle bit more code to process?
When yes, a suggestion for new releases to make a property for this?
Or is there a better way?
Pages: 1 2