Atozed Forums

Full Version: IWRectangle Drag-Drop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed IntraWeb 14 a week ago and I’m transporting a project over into it.  However, I’ve run into a problem.  I need TIWRectangle to handle drag and drop events.  Has this been added in IntraWeb 15?
There is no wrapped functionality for drag and drop.

However you can easily take the HTML element that is emitted and mark it as draggable (attribute on the dom tag via ExtraTags property) and add one simple function of JS to handle the drops. From there you can make async calls (built into IW) or update data for submission back to the server.

These are in both 14 and 15.
(02-20-2020, 11:22 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]There is no wrapped functionality for drag and drop.

However you can easily take the HTML element that is emitted and mark it as draggable (attribute on the dom tag via ExtraTags property) and add one simple function of JS to handle the drops. From there you can make async calls (built into IW) or update data for submission back to the server.

These are in both 14 and 15.
Would this mean that after each re-compile I would have to go into the HTML & JS and make my manual changes again?
Im not sure I understand your question because in the context it doesnt make sense to me - but as I understand it - no.

The code you would add is done directly as part of the project using fully supported extensions. Compiles never wipe out any information or code in an IntraWeb application.
(02-22-2020, 04:15 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure I understand your question because in the context it doesnt make sense to me - but as I understand it - no.

The code you would add is done directly as part of the project using fully supported extensions. Compiles never wipe out any information or code in an IntraWeb application.
Ahh, good to hear.  The thing is, I am brand new to web programming and just "feeling my way" -- using AToZed tools for the first time.  Therefore it is difficult for me to imagine how to make the revisions you are suggesting.  Would it be possible to see an example?
We've put it in our list of pending demos but I dont have an ETA and we have some other things currently of priority.

If you start on what I listed above we can assist you if you get stuck.