Atozed Forums

Full Version: Inheritance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm new in IW for Delphi. I'm starting using IW 15.11 and deploying new application for web. I tried to create new object , which has object TIWAppForm as descendant. It worked fine , but anther day after restarting Delphi this new form  was changed to normal VCL form. I had found some discussion about this in case of object TIWFrame , but it was long time ago in older versions IW. So as is it possible make object TIWAppForm as descendant ? I have DElphi 10.2 Tokyo Prof .
Thank you for any suggest to leading to solution .
(01-07-2020, 07:39 AM)petrsoft Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm new in IW for Delphi. I'm starting using IW 15.11 and deploying new application for web. I tried to create new object , which has object TIWAppForm as descendant. It worked fine , but anther day after restarting Delphi this new form  was changed to normal VCL form. I had found some discussion about this in case of object TIWFrame , but it was long time ago in older versions IW. So as is it possible make object TIWAppForm as descendant ? I have DElphi 10.2 Tokyo Prof .

To use inheritance just open the .dfm file and make sure the form is set to inherited.

Like this

inherited fmCompany: TfmCompany
(01-09-2020, 08:00 PM)joelcc Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2020, 07:39 AM)petrsoft Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'm new in IW for Delphi. I'm starting using IW 15.11 and deploying new application for web. I tried to create new object , which has object TIWAppForm as descendant. It worked fine , but anther day after restarting Delphi this new form  was changed to normal VCL form. I had found some discussion about this in case of object TIWFrame , but it was long time ago in older versions IW. So as is it possible make object TIWAppForm as descendant ? I have DElphi 10.2 Tokyo Prof .

To use inheritance just open the .dfm file and make sure the form is set to inherited.

Like this

inherited fmCompany: TfmCompany
Hello, it was a long journey to follow your idea, but I made it in the end. Thank you very, Bye Jaroslav