Atozed Forums

Full Version: Callback function not registered error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an error when using the Chrome browser that doesn't seem to show up with Firefox.  My application has two timers on the web page, both with OnAynchTimer events.  When the user clicks on a button to call up a log file to display, which is an OnAsyncClick event which calls withtLogForm.Create(WebApplication) do Show;  the user often gets the popup dialog that says "Callback method not registered: PAGETIMER.DoOnAsyncTimer" and/or "Callback method not registered: LV_TIMER.DoOnAsyncTimer". The attachment shows one of the popups.

I have never registered callback methods and did not have this error.  I am using Delphi 10.2 and Intraweb 15.1.9.  Due to some security issues the users can't use FireFox for now, so are seeing this popup a lot.  Is there an easy fix?  (How am I supposed to do this I guess I am asking.)  [Image: wink.png]

Thanks,
David
Hi David,

Can you repeat this every time, or just sometimes? Seems to me that one async event is creating a new form (as you mentioned) and the timer is triggering another async call.... I'll try to repeat it here and let you know
It doesn't happen every time, but does happen quite often.  Often enough that when it doesn't happen it seems nice/unusual.  LOL!
Hi David,

I could recreate the issue here in one test case. It is quite weird indeed.

I should have more information soon.

Cheers
Hi David,

can you please check if this new JavaScript code fixes it?

You need to unzip the attached file, find all IWData.res files in your IntraWeb installation folder (there will be more than one, at least 2 for x86 and x64 for each version of Delphi you have).
Then replace all files with this one. Rebuild your application (full build, not only compile) and see if it works not.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers
(12-12-2019, 08:54 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: [ -> ]Hi David,

You need to unzip the attached file, find all IWData.res files in your IntraWeb installation folder (there will be more than one, at least 2 for x86 and x64 for each version of Delphi you have).
Then replace all files with this one. Rebuild your application (full build, not only compile) and see if it works not.

Cheers
Will do!

(12-12-2019, 09:12 PM)DavidChiq Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2019, 08:54 PM)Alexandre Machado Wrote: [ -> ]Hi David,

Cheers
That appears to have fixed it.  I ran it several times and have not seen any popups.  Thanks!
Great! Thanks for the feedback. This fix is also committed in our code base and it will be available in the next release.

Cheers