Atozed Forums

Full Version: IW 17 Status?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy K!

Any update on IW 17?

Also couple of quick questions:

1) Will the IW 15.x Bootstrap libraries be compatible with IW 17 pages?

2) What new features will be available in the first release to allow better session monitoring? 

3) Will IW 17 still allow loading / unloading of ISAPI dlls without having to stop/restart IIS?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to IW 17.

Shane
17 is core complete and has been for several weeks. We are focusing on controls, needs of beta testers etc. Would love to add you to the beta, even if you only want to follow the conversations.....

1) 17 has native BS support. It doesnt need the 15 BS libraries. You can mix 15 BS pages with 17 BS pages without issue though.

2) If you are referring to the server manager stuff, that wont be in the first release of 17. Otherwise 17 for all comms, session management etc uses 15 so whatever is there now is still there. Smile

3) Its still on the list but won't be part of 17.0.

17 is all about a new rendering engine, otherwise the underneath parts are 15.
(08-26-2019, 01:59 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]17 is core complete and has been for several weeks. We are focusing on controls, needs of beta testers etc. Would love to add you to the beta, even if you only want to follow the conversations.....

1) 17 has native BS support. It doesnt need the 15 BS libraries. You can mix 15 BS pages with 17 BS pages without issue though.

2) If you are referring to the server manager stuff, that wont be in the first release of 17. Otherwise 17 for all comms, session management etc uses 15 so whatever is there now is still there. Smile

3) Its still on the list but won't be part of 17.0.

17 is all about a new rendering engine, otherwise the underneath parts are 15.

Howdy K,

thanks for for the response.

I need to get my app moved to 15.1.x this week. Some of the changes from 15.0.24 broke my app but since Alexandre fixed the core bs4 library issues, it hopefully won’t be to bad.

After I get that done, i will reach out to convert my app to IW 17.

Thanks,

Shane
Until we get the controls it wont be ready for conversion 1:1 yet... and certain complexities like upload will be much later. But 15 and 17 an exist in the same app, so you can always use 15 stuff for uploads till then.

What I was suggesting is that you could join the beta channel as an observer so you get a heads up etc.. Id love to have you convert as well and we will be ready for that in the coming months. 17 can already do many things 15 can't but not all the controls are ported yet.... That is what we are focusing on now though.

Today we finished the repeater control which enables Bootstrap and other grids.
(08-26-2019, 09:41 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]Until we get the controls it wont be ready for conversion 1:1 yet...  and certain complexities like upload will be much later. But 15 and 17 an exist in the same app, so you can always use 15 stuff for uploads till then.

What I was suggesting is that you could join the beta channel as an observer so you get a heads up etc.. Id love to have you convert as well and we will be ready for that in the coming months. 17 can already do many things 15 can't but not all the controls are ported yet.... That is what we are focusing on now though.

Today we finished the repeater control which enables Bootstrap and other grids.

Well I am getting ready.... I haven't used virtual machines since 2014 or so because I kept getting into trouble with hardware I had to support and Microsoft licensing killing me every time I moved a licensed VM from one of my development machines to another.

Any how, since I have settled down primarily on my HP ZBook 15, hopefully that won't be an issue.

I need the VMs because of the various library incompatibilities and before I can moving to Rad Studio 10.3.2 (from 10.2.3), I need to update some of my 15+ year old C++  Big Grin!

All the best,

Shane
17 sits on top of 15 so it won't need a VM unless you aren't on 15.1. 17 is an add on package to 15.1.

But there is a lot you can do even without installing 17.. you can use IWML runner, monitor the discussions, etc...
(08-27-2019, 02:38 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]17 sits on top of 15 so it won't need a VM unless you aren't on 15.1. 17 is an add on package to 15.1.

But there is a lot you can do even without installing 17.. you can use IWML runner, monitor the discussions, etc...

I am actually going to try and get onto the 15.1.x chain NOW.... where do I go to get the tool to monitor / participate on the IW 17? Please don't say FB... I have NEVER used FB and NEVER plan to. I do have a github account though.

All the best,

Shane
Don't need FB. Smile

But you do need a telegram account... after that you can use web, pc, or phone app for it.

https://telegram.org/

Once you get that, join the IW or other public channels and I can PM you a link from there....