Atozed Forums

Full Version: OnClick or OnAsyncClick ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Could anyone tell me the difference between the two ?

And when would you use the one or the other ?

Regards
Soren
After searching and reading a lot, I might have found the answer to my question, and the clue lies a bit in the naming of the 2 different methods:

OnClick will execute whatever is in the procedure, but the application will continue program processing, without waiting for the onclick procedure to finish, whereas

OnAsuncClick the application will not execute the next program statement, until whatever was activated with the click, has terminated.

Is that a correct assumption ?
You have them backwards and it refers to the web side.

Normal - Browser will wait for server to complete the method. Full page refresh afterward.

Async - Browser still will wait on server, but you can do partial updates (ie AJAX type) updates to the page.
(08-03-2019, 12:56 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]You have them backwards and it refers to the web side.

Normal - Browser will wait for server to complete the method. Full page refresh afterward.

Async - Browser still will wait on server, but you can do partial updates (ie AJAX type) updates to the page.

Hi Kudzu,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards
Soren