Atozed Forums

Full Version: Request to update the documentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded Visual Studio 2019 last night(love it!) and got the user kit this morning(6-6-19). I completed a simple OS, tested in VMWare, and tried to make an ISO file to boot it from USB on an old laptop. I found that the documentation for this references many things which(I guess) no longer exist.
Thanks!

Specific references and URLs please to update Smile

Also if anyone is willing to help with docs, we can use the extra help....
(06-07-2019, 03:54 PM)kudzu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

Specific references and URLs please to update Smile

Also if anyone is willing to help with docs, we can use the extra help....

https://www.gocosmos.org/docs/booting-yo...usb-drive/
Along with most of the graphics documentation on gocosmos.org. I see them referencing VGAScreen() a lot. I tried some of this code and VGAScreen() was not recognized by VS2019.
Right now many of us are consumed upgrading X# and some other places. Would you be willing to help update some docs?
Well, I can try, but I have logged about six hours on Cosmos. If I can just get ahold of the technique to export an ISO file, I could try to update that.
The ISO part definitely works. You can create it by using the normal non USB build.
So, I would select “release” at the top of VS2019 instead of “debug”? I’ll try that, thanks!
No, in fact usually the release configs don't work. Select Debug to be safe.

The ISO/USB etc options are in the project properties dialog.