IntraWeb Archive

Good news: Chinese characters bug is solved

Good news: Chinese characters bug is solved

Since the release of D2009/IW 10, the annoying Chinese characters bug was around. Async calls were not handling chinese characters properly and these characters were being corrupted.

We did an exhaustive debug in IW to try to find the cause of thisproblem and we found it. The problem was in the VCL. We then reportedthe problem to CodeGear and they fixed it. They reported that “UTF-8content is not parsed properly by WebBroker. This may result incorrupted strings in the WebRequest.ContentFields collection inIntraWeb or other WebBroker applications”. We still don’t know how orwhen CodeGear willdeploy this fix to D2009 users, but we believe they will do it soon.