- Before installing a new IntraWeb version in Rad Studio / Delphi 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10 Seattle or 10.1 Berlin you must first uninstall the IntraWeb bundled version (the IntraWeb version that comes with Rad Studio / Delphi).Unfortunately, even if you choose not to install IntraWeb during Rad Studio / Delphi installation procedure, the setup program will copy IntraWeb files to the lib folder. To avoid version conflicts you must completely remove all bundled files before installing a new version.
Steps to completely remove IntraWeb bundled files:
- Run Rad Studio / Delphi setup program and remove IntraWeb components:
- Download the IntraWeb Bundled Removal Tool, here.
- Unzip it and run the program. When started, it will detect all Rad Studio / Delphi IDE’s that you have installed
- Select the IDE for which you want to remove IntraWeb files. It will show you the IDE installation path
- Set desired options:
- When deleting, move files to recycle bin: If checked, the tool will move the files to the recycle bin, instead of deleting them (default checked)
- Search and list files but DON’T delete them: If checked, will list all IntraWeb files found on Delphi installation path. No files are deleted. Probably is a good idea to check that before actually deleting files. (default not checked)
- Also delete IntraWeb packages (bpl files): If checked, will delete all IntraWeb compiled packages (bpl) files from the bin folder (default not checked). This will NOT remove IntraWeb*.bpl files from your WindowsSystem32 files. This file will be overwritten when you do a new IntraWeb installation.
- Then all you have to do is click on the “Remove” (or “List Files”) button, and wait until the end of the process.
- Close IntraWeb Bundled Removal Tool and install a new IntraWeb version.
- Under Windows Vista and up, this tool requires UAC elevation.